Friday, January 18, 2013

2013, it's all good...

Welcome Year 2013!




 I put the last of the Christmas decor away.




 I dusted and vacuumed, changed sheets on all the beds...well almost, still working on that last one.  But as I wandered through the house, it seemed so quiet and empty.

The bedroom in the man cave is missing the boy's luggage and clothes strewn about....

The girl's room is even emptier and bare....no longer are we hearing the beat of the bass from the Boze playing Taylor's or Selena's latest.  You wouldn't have recognized this bed a week ago, clothes, boots, covers all piled on top, yet the girl would sit up in the middle of the bed happy and contented as a cat in a basket of warm towels fresh out of the dryer.  Ahhh, doesn't that sound cozy.

I don't know about you, but I don't usually make resolutions for a new year. Although I will say, this year I know of some things I would like to do.  I want to paint more, give more and Be more.  Maybe it was the beautiful sunshine we had today after the rainy and gloomy weekend I just had down south, but I was inspired to be productive and make some plans for the new year.  Set some goals for myself, if you know what I mean. 

I want to read more interesting books, see more beautiful parts of our wonderful country with my Ben, and I want to learn more about those delicious fermented grapes I enjoy so much.  This doesn't seem to be too unattainable, so stay tuned... I am hoping for a wonderful 2013 and I wish you a Blessed 2013 as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment