Friday, June 29, 2012

Good Morning, everyone!

I love the mornings here in Oklahoma.  Everything still looks fresh and 'spring-like' and not wilted from the unrelenting heat of these hot and dry summers.  There is usually a cool breeze that lures you into a false feeling of 'oooh it's going to be a lovely day for working in the gardens'.  Before you know it the sun is overhead and the dryness of the heat and dust has made the earlier euphoria a daunting memory. 

 This is where I love to spend my mornings.  I call it my meditation garden.  It is a peaceful place to start my day with prayers, coffee and the drone of the morning bees at work doing their job of pollination.  Thank you bees, you are doing a wonderful job, I have beautiful tomatoes and bell peppers.


Hercules is usually on patrol, chasing the birds and exploring the garden.  He doesn't stay out as long as he used to, he is getting older and he does not like the heat.  He doesn't like the cold much either, he was traumatized by the big winter snow we had our first winter here.  Poor guy.  He does manage to find a turtle or two and he likes to dig for the moles that tunnel under the yard, but thankfully he hasn't caught one.  He would freak out if he ever did, no wait, I would totally freak out if he ever caught one.



Frick and Frack stopped by to say hello this morning.  They are usually looking for a handout since I will occasionally throw them a handful of birdseed when I fill the bird feeders.  Sadly I think Frick and Frack are on their way to bigger farms, or ponds, or wherever large ducks go to spend their golden years.  They are getting too big for their little pool and the owners are not willing to upgrade.  Actually we have all gotten a little used to their morning "Quacks, Quacks!"  It is usually early and it is outside Emily's window.  She used to complain about the train, now she complains about the ducks.  Welcome to the country Em.


No comments:

Post a Comment