Tuesday, December 18, 2012

every ornament tells a story...

I love the anticipation of Christmas.  I love the decorating, the freshness of the tree in the house, the advent candles as they glow at dinner, finding a ribbon or bow on the floor after wrapping that perfect gift for someone special.  As I placed the ornaments on the tree, the memories came flooding back...

these little shoes were from Phillip's first Christmas, almost 26 years ago,

we now have about seven or eight of these cars. 


The tree looks like a used car lot, but it is pretty cool to figure out the make and model.  We also have protection from Yoda, Batman and G. I. Joe, so don't mess with the tree, ya hear.

This is from Em's first Christmas.  We have graduated from ....

Barbies, but now it looks like the tree has gone to the....





DOGS!  Oh well, I have a few of my own favorites...





I love these little wildlife and garden scenes..

This one is from Benny and my first Christmas together, so special.  It is fun to look back on the ornaments we have collected over the years to see how our journey is reflected in our tree decor.  It is true, they some how tell a story about all of us.

I don't usually get so nostalgic, but after this weekend, this year takes on new meaning for what this season means to me, how thankful I am for the gifts I have already been given.  I cherish each day and am so incredibly grateful to all my friends and family for being in my life.  May you find the peace that Christ brings this season and in the coming New Year.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment