Thursday, February 21, 2013

the grace of a beautiful day....

 It snowed here...



Yesterday was a gift from God.  It started out cold, rainy, a little icy, the possibility of snow was in the news, and in the air....

See...it was wet, not sticking to anything.  You could see it, though and you just knew, it wouldn't be long before it did stick...

As I went from window to window, trying to catch those "kodak moments", I was feeling that exhilaration of a perfect day in the making.  You know the kind of day I mean.  Circumstances have taken the moment out of your hands, this is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.  This was a day for a good book, a hot cup of tea, and soup simmering on the stove.  Since Ben had plans for the evening, today was Butternut Squash Soup, yummy.  And all the while, the snow continued to fall....

It was so beautiful, and peaceful.  The snow covered yards exude such calm....



I couldn't coax Hercules out of his bed but I did find the birds were enjoying the day, especially the cardinals...





The cardinal color just pops against the white snow.  I got a little carried away with their pictures...



I truly enjoyed the day, I even had a nest...

It was the perfect spot.  I didn't get much accomplished, although I did read a good book.  And more than once I thanked God for the graces given on this glorious day.





No comments:

Post a Comment