Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring is here, life is good....

Lent is gone, Easter is here, Spring is sprung.  So much has happened in such a short time.  Big news for me is ...my beloved Pope Benedict has retired and gone off to spend the rest of his life in contemplation and prayer.  I must admit, it hit me hard.  I bawled when I watched those big doors close at Castel Gondolfo.  Times they are a changin', it would seem it can be too much to be Pope in this day and age.  A part of me thought the secular world had won, but I realized I was being extremely selfish, and the Church in this day and age, needed to get with the times man or something like that.  sigh....I'm rationalizing the decision, my mantra, we are not of this world keeps roaring through my brain.

But we now have a new pope, Pope Francis.  A Jesuit no less, go figure, God truly does have a sense of humor.  He is a pleasure to listen to, has a lovely smile, a joy to watch as he works the crowd, very smart, spot on when it comes to moral issues with regards to the Church, thank God.  I just wish he would put on the red shoes.  It means something, it truly does.  Pope Francis' sense of humility is endearing, but all men in that position have been humbled by the office they have been called to.  None more so than Benedict Pope Emeritus. Ah well, it will be exciting to watch him grow as pope.

Ben and I took a wonderful trip to Florida.  We stayed in a lovely resort and had the best time.  We loved it there, we wished we could stay and stay, sooooo.....we bought a house.  Actually we bought a lot, the house is yet to be built, but it will and we will be Floridians.  Surprise!  I would post pics, but alas I lost my camera.  Actually I know exactly where it is, well not exactly right now because it is missing, but I know where I left it and now it cannot be found.  Long story, but no camera now, no pics to post, so you will have to wait to see our new home.  ETA is October so in the meantime, we pack up, we sell here, we get excited and we wait.  Life man, it is good!


*note, as of this posting, no camera has been turned in.  So for awhile, I am missing the pics, bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment